The social service designee is responsible for promoting self-determination and quality of life in older adults. Responsible for networking services, documentation and providing family support for Healthcare residents.
- Interview resident and family upon admission to finalize all admission paperwork
- Complete comprehensive assessment of each resident and update quarterly
- Accurate and timely completion of MDS assessments, and progress notes
- Establish and update discharge plans on all residents and coordinate services prior to discharge
- Facilitate behavior team meeting and document acting plans for behavior management
- Assure pre-admission screening process, is completed for each resident to meet PASRR level 2 and LDC requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Successful completion of social services designee course required within 6 months of hire
- Experience in a clerical position preferred
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action and to remain calm during emergency situations
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public. Must be knowledgeable of administrative practices, procedures, and guidelines.
Full and Part-time Benefit package:
- Employer Match Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Education Assistance Programs
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance/Counseling Program
- Payroll deduction uniforms and work shoes
- Bi-Weekly Payroll/Direct Deposit
- Employee Meals
- Verizon Wireless Service
- Fitness Membership
Apply by filling out the Online Application Form below or in person at:
Oak Grove Christian Retirement Village
221 West Division Road
DeMotte, IN 46310
Online Employment Application Form
Oak Grove is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification.
Your application will be kept on file for six months. If during that time you wish to be considered for another posted opening, contact Human Resources by telephone, email or in person and request that your application be submitted for the opening.